Thursday 10 March 2011

Being Thankful

I was in the middle of writing a blog post when I stumbled across a post by a fellow blogger about a similar topic. The otherside of the world and we think of the same post idea. Godincident, I call it.
We have been talking a lot about thanks. Being thankful for all things given to us.
So each day I ask, what are you thankful for today.
Its an easy conversation to have. We have learnt to be thankful in the midst of family turmoil. We have learnt to Trust him in everything.

So what am I thankful for today.     
I am thankful for the

....the rain that fell and watered my yard today
....for his provision with our home business
....For improper fraction / for 'invert and multiply' and the smile on Brid's face as she explains it to Daddy
...for colouring and  creating our JESUS tree.
....for fun creating our Lenten symbols and projects.
and my family..my husband...our children and the stretching of some wings...even if it not how we want it....

But mostly this week I am thankful for the new sense of contentment God has taught me. 

1 comment:

Dove's Rest said...

Contentment is so much more powerful than is given credit for in this day and age, where we are bombarded with messages of 'wanting more, bigger, better'. Being content is really important to me and I know it flows over into my family. Lovely post. Blessings, Renelle