Friday 3 September 2010

Skirt making

Recently Brid and I have been sewing and creating. She has been making presents for Fathers Day and I have been Embroidering. My Nanna taught me to embroider as an early teen.
This began to inspire me to finish off making Brids' skirts. I found a lovely pattern that suits my slightly built darling a few months ago, and it never ceases to amaze me how good it looks on her. I have made a couple of skirts from this pattern.


this one looks heavy, but its very light and so pretty on.

As most are aware it is very hard to locate modest wear. The only real alternative is to sew. So what I did was convert 3 dresses that I couldn't give away as they were gorgeous, into skirts. I have been avoiding this, as I didn't want to make a mistake. So led by inspiration, I have now completed them all.


This was the easiest to alter, and it gave me confidence to tackle the next two



I just cut the bodice and used it to make the waistband


So now we have 3 fresh skirts ready for spring and summer.

4 comments:

Dove's Rest said...

awesome

Therese said...

wow Leanne. They look great. Well done.

Leanne said...

thanks ladies. We were thrilled with thw finished skirts, leaving me feeling what next?

Michelle Downunder said...

Those skirts are beautiful. I especially like the first one.
Smiles
Michelle