Wednesday 29 October 2008

Catholic Homeschool Camp



The Chapel down the path in the bush. The girls all wore white and many wore veils.



The Play- Cinderella

Last week we went to Fitzroy Falls for a Catholic Homeschool camp. I have taken all week to digest the camp. It was lovely to be among Catholic families sharing similar ideals. I really enjoyed the talks given by many parents and our spiritual director Fr Casanova.
He really spoke well on areas not covered usually- apparitions of Our Lady, Funerals, death, wills.
The children really got into the team work of the coloured teams they were placed into. Each team was marked on there performance for cleaning of dining area and kitchen areas. Brid enjoyed the kitchen the best, because she could push the trolley with all cleaned items on it.
I hardly saw Brid at all. She just played with a group of girls, who she just adored. They were very welcoming to her.
It was lovely to have Benediction and the Rosary in the Chapel everyday. It was a blessing to be part of a community for the week, and share in Our Lord's Supper.
It was a very cold drissly Camp. Very cold for me, but we soldiered on, even kneeling on concrete floors in the Chapel- we used books, and bags under our knees.
One afternoon the fog just descended to the ground before our eyes. Eary and Beautiful all at the same time. The fire kept us warm as toast, and did my porridge in the morning.
The book stall was amazing. I couldn't contain myself. I just shopped. I could have been in a clothes shop for the excitement I felt. I had to be discipled. I could hear Dermot say- its OK, its for School.
Each day the children had lessons- religion, and another according to there age group, and as the camp progressed, the children put on debating for us in the evening, Ballroom dancing, The concert- Cinderella, and the littlies put on a song or two- just beautiful. Don't know which was better.
Anyway Brid beamed all week and I was at times thinking 'what shall I do'. This camp really got us all think about keeping together with other Catholics in our own area. More on that..........

No comments: